The Perfect Glazed Ham Recipe: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you’re looking for a delicious glazed ham recipe to serve at your next holiday gathering, look no further! This step-by-step guide will provide you with all the instructions you need to make a perfectly moist and flavorful glazed ham.
- 1 (5-6 pound) fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the ham in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, honey, molasses, mustard, allspice, and nutmeg. Rub this mixture all over the ham.
- Bake the ham in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, brushing with the glaze every 20 minutes.
- When the ham is finished baking, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Be sure to use a fully cooked ham to avoid over-cooking it.
- If your ham is too dry, try adding 1/2 cup of pineapple juice or apple juice to the roasting pan.
- Leftover ham can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Now that you have the recipe, all you need to do is gather your ingredients and get cooking. With this easy and delicious glazed ham recipe, you’re sure to have a hit at your next holiday gathering!
3 Delicious Glazed Ham Ideas You Should Try This Holiday Season
The holidays are a great time to get creative in the kitchen, and one of the best ways to do this is by trying out a new glazed ham recipe. Whether you’re looking for something classic or a little more creative, there’s something here for everyone. Here are three delicious glazed ham ideas that you should try this holiday season!
1. Honey and Mustard Glazed Ham
This classic glazed ham recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table. All you need is a good quality ham, honey, Dijon mustard, and a few other ingredients to create the perfect blend of sweet and savoury flavours. Simply mix the honey and mustard together and brush it over the ham before baking in the oven.
2. Apricot Glazed Ham
For a slightly sweeter glazed ham, try out this delicious apricot glaze. All you need is some apricot jam, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, and a few spices to create a tasty glaze that will bring out the natural flavours of the ham. Simply mix the ingredients together, brush it over the ham, and bake until the glaze is golden and bubbly.
3. Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Ham
If you’re looking for something a little more creative, try this brown sugar and bourbon glazed ham. It’s a great way to add some extra flavour to your ham and bring out the sweetness of the brown sugar. Simply mix together the brown sugar, bourbon, and a few other ingredients to create a delicious glaze. Brush it over the ham and bake in the oven until the glaze is golden and bubbly.
No matter which glazed ham recipe you choose, you’re sure to have a delicious and festive meal this holiday season. Try one of these delicious glazed ham recipes and enjoy the sweet and savoury flavours of the holidays!
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Best Glazed Ham for Any Occasion
When it comes to making a memorable holiday meal, a glazed ham is always a welcome dish. Whether you’re hosting a family gathering or a special occasion, the perfect glazed ham can make the meal truly special.
Ingredients for the Perfect Glazed Ham
The first step to making a delicious glazed ham is to make sure you have all the necessary ingredients. You’ll need a ham, either a fresh ham or a fully cooked one, a cup of brown sugar, a cup of honey, a cup of mustard, and a cup of pineapple juice.
Once you have all the ingredients gathered, it’s time to make the glaze. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the brown sugar, honey, mustard, and pineapple juice until they’re thoroughly combined.
Baking the Ham
Now that your glaze is ready, it’s time to prep the ham. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place your ham in a shallow baking dish. Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for approximately 1 hour. Baste the ham every 15 minutes with the glaze, and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Serving the Ham
When the ham is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Cut the ham into slices and serve with the extra glaze. Enjoy!